What Causes Diabetes?
What causes diabetes is the question that has stumped diabetics, doctors and researchers have for years. I believe diabetes could be called a lifestyle disease.
Type 1 diabetes has been said to be an auto-immune disease. Type 1 diabetics bodies just don’t produce vital insulin. We do know that type 1 diabetics can reduce their insulin use by avoiding harmful foods and eating a more alkaline diet of whole foods and raw veggies.
Type 2 diabetes has several factors that I believe may cause the disease or contribute to insulin resistance.
When I consider what is the cause of type 2 diabetes I like to talk about it’s root causes:
• Acid foods - Consuming too many.
• Alcohol - Excessive drinking.
• Alkaline foods - Not consuming enough.
• Cellular Toxicity - This is known as
• Diet- Eating a diet that is full of processed, overly acidic and fattening foods.
Foods that make you fat.
• Exercise -
Lack of enough exercise.
• Hereditary - Odds are 15% greater that you will get diabetes if it's in your your family tree. This may be somewhat because of similar eating habits.
• Omega 3 & 6 Imbalance - It has not yet been proven but speculation is that our over-consuming fried foods has us deficient in
omega 3 essential fatty acids
and may be clogging our cells leading to insulin resistance. Learn about
essential fatty acids.
• Over-eating - See
Fast Food and Obesity
• Processed foods - Processed foods release sugars too fast. See
Effects of Fast Foods.
• Raw foods - Not eating enough raw fruits and vegetables.
- Smoking now linked to to high risks for glucose abnormalities.
• Sodas - Over-consumption of sodas and refined sugary fruit juices. See dangers of diet soft drinks.
• Stress - We live fast paced lives without proper rejuvenation.
• Sugar - Overly sugary foods and those which rapidly release sugars.
Does sugar cause diabetes?
• Toxic buildup - Heavy metals,
food toxins, preservatives and synthetic vitamins.
• Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies - See
Sunshine and Vitamin D
As to what is the overall cause of type 2 diabetes, my opinion is:
We have failed to eat properly and in moderation.
This has poisoned our system and interrupted the bodies natural balance.
Leave What Causes Diabetes & Jump to Cure for Diabetes
Leave What Causes Diabetes to Return Home